Thursday, June 30, 2005

a new spark

It's hard to be objective...
especially when it comes to your own life.
I need a plan of action-- one that will get me where I want to go.
I've been talking to doctors, browsing the net, looking at some pre-med forums, thinking really hard about what I need to do. It's already a done deal, I'm re-taking the MCAT, putting in some more volunteer work at the hospital, and continue to work at the office, although I'll be starting a new position soon... I'll be a medical secretary, to be exact. Basically, it will be my job to triage patients as they call in, report messages to the physician and call the patient back with a plan of action, or phone a script in to the pharmacy; it will be new, and for me, this an excellent thing.
As for med school... arghhh, it's even annoying to talk about it, but I've got to pick some out. I know a guy applying to 28 schools!! That is a bit too many to keep track of in my mind-- I think I'll apply to maybe 10-15?! That's if I can find that many that I want to go to.
I'm looking at staying out west (AZ, CA--maybe), or mid-west (MO, OK, WI, ND), but there are a few schools back east, Penn State, University of Vermont, maybe others, if I can convince myself there's other schools I might want to go to. I'm also looking at 3 or 4 D.O. schools, which might be really worthwhile in the long run. I've got to send my apps soon, although they probably won't look at them until my new MCAT scores are in, and this is part of the stress...
I'm working hard though, hopefully it will pay off in the end, or else, more hard work!!
but does it ever end?
at least I'm more optimistic about it at this point, and that's always good.


Fortune cookie I got yesterday:
"listen to what you know, not what you fear."

that's always good advice for a second-time MCATer who despises physics

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home