Friday, May 20, 2005

freedom

It's not that I was ever restricted before... it's just different to have your own space, your own rules, your own things. Responsibility is something that I never stray from, so I suppose handling the bills and mopping floors can be a good thing.
But I'm bored...working full time is not fun at all, especially when you're not doing anything you want to be doing, and this is regardless of the fact that it does not even require the education I spent the last days four years of my life earning.
But I am not bitter... I will rise to the occasion, I will get the score I need to get where I want to be, I suppose I just never figured it would be so hard, and I never realized how difficult it really has been until recent reflection.
We have a new doc who started at work this week and I talked to him for a while yesterday about different medical schools to apply to. He gave me a lot of insight into how I should be approaching the situation-- I should look at their learning approaches and their programs, to see if residencies are based in local hospitals who have their own university-based training program or if they rely on uncredited non-teaching hospitals to do most of the training-- regardless of if the program is an M.D. or D.O. program, because both would get me to essentially the same place.
Some of the D.O. programs in the midwest actually look appealing-- they follow a problem-based learning method, which really gets you in to your elbows if you know what I mean. At TCOM and OSUCOM they present you with case studies in groups and each member of the group studies a particular aspect of such a case.
Good stuff, huh?
k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home