Monday, March 28, 2005

with you in my garden

...it's more peaceful inside.
Although I should be sleeping right now, my body and mind are incessant with irregularities--I lack any real regularity in my schedule, diet, sleep or sanity. Sometimes I wish for an alternate life and wake up ready to make it happen... other times, I just wake up. Of course this is one of my greatest fears, that one day I'll just start going on auto pilot and never stop... I try searching for simplicity, because navigation becomes fluid. Although not surprising, minimalism remains appealing and poignant, on the verge.
I've come to remember things I love about traveling, like warm and soft suede and shearling clog style slippers with soles. They are are truly the best thing to come out of Australia in ages, surely meant to be worn on an airplane. I remember making fun of the people who I would see in slippers and robes at the grocery store when I was a kid, how deserving that I am becoming one of them, the next willing subject of diversion for the new generation. And ipods, oh my, the best invention since, well, CD players! Now I can keep thousands of my personal favorite tunes on a device smaller than the palm of my hand, not to mention it is way easier to navigate than my mind, nay I might even outsmart myself with it. Although, hands down, truly one of the best perks is how shamelessly organized I can keep it all in there-- a perfectionist's luminous fetish. It reminds me how I need to say thankyou David for all of the music, your taste is truly nothing less than impeccable. I aspire to be such a connoisseur, for my part, someday. Until then, sleep, maybe.
k

1 Comments:

Blogger Drive by Commenter said...

Hey, this really is something like a journal.

Monday, March 28, 2005 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home